Using heat on your hair is easily damaging. It causes split ends without a beat if you do it too often. But here are a few ways to curl your hair without heat. It is a lot less damaging to the hair and they are super easy to do. Most of them uses your typical hair products and accessories found at home. So if you don’t have a curling iron or a curling rod, it is no problem.
The twist is a classic and one of the easiest way to curl you hair. Here are the steps:
- Wet your hair with water, try using a spray bottle. You want your hair slightly damp and not dripping.
- Separate your hair into sections. Usually two will do the trick, but if you have really thick hair, the more sections the curlier your hair will be.
- With each section, twist the hair, and turn the twist into a bun.
- Leave it to sleep and let it dry overnight.
TIP: if you want a more solid curls, spray the twist with hairspray (it won't look as natural)
Another method is the headband trick. Here are the steps:
- Damp your hair, so it's wet but not dropping
- You have the option to add mousse to the damp hair, it does help hold the curls a bit better
- Any other products you usually use, such as anti-frizz, volume-boost, apply it to your hair now
- Let your hair, don't blow dry it all the way, natural drying is best
- Take a headband (the stretchy ones) and place it around your head - hippie style.
- Take one inch of the hair and wrap it around the band.
- Keep doing that all around, and TIP: make sure to push your curls close to each other, so there is enough room.
- Can be undone in a couple of hours, or kept overnight.
The last way in this article today is no other than thebraids. This one is a bit more complicated, but YouTube channel Cute Girls hairstyle have a great tutorial to do so. It is very easy to follow along. the end result is a loose large beachy waves. It is not that hard once you get started, simply braid each side of hair to the neck. As your work down, you add more hair each time. Then you combine the two braids into one. Check out this tutorial!