Cellulite is more than just excess fat stored in your thighs. It’s a nine letter word which screams horror. The major cause of cellulite is the connective tissue between the fat and skin which weakens due to inactivity, age, diet, genetics and hormones. Although it’s not uncommon and is nothing to be embarrassed about #bodypositive. Many women feel very conscious about the fat- pockets. Here we’re sharing our favourite cellulite banishing remedies that work!
- Dry Brushing: Dry brushing helps stimulate blood and lymph flow in the body. As the name suggests this should be done dry. Make sure you don’t wet your body or the brush. Dry brushing is all about getting the blood flowing and increasing circulation. Added benefits include exfoliation and glowing skin. You can do this daily or weekly. Just make sure the bristles aren’t rock hard. They should be sturdy and soft!
How to : Here’s a video to help you understand how to dry brush:
- Coffee Scrub: Scrubs are effective for exfoliating and increasing the blood flow. A coffee scrub is excellent in tightening the skin and banishing cellulite thanks to the caffeine. There are pages filled with testimonials of people who’ve tried this and majority say this works like a charm!
To make the scrub you’ll need:
- ¼ cup coffee grounds
- 3-4 tbs sugar
- 2-3 tbs coconut oil [melted].
- Optional: essential oil of your choice.
Combine the ingredients; Until you get a paste like consistency and then massage it onto the affected areas and with firm pressure massage for a few minutes. Use this scrub 2-3 times per week.
- Omega 3’s: Although there’s no evidence to which degree the consumption of omega-3’s help with cellulite. A popular theory has it that omega-3’s and fat soluble vitamins banish cellulite over a period of time. There are added benefits of consuming omega-3
Sources include: Walnuts, Flax Seeds, Vegetables, Salmon..etc
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Drinking Apple cider vinegar helps promote overall health and helps in shedding the extra pounds. Fergie popularized the consumption of apple cider vinegar back in 2008. "Two tablespoons. For some reason I've noticed a difference on my stomach. I just trusted [my trainer] on this one. I'm sharing. I'm all about sharing secrets." She told Glamour Magazine. Make sure you consume unfiltered with the mother apple cider vinegar. Take 1 tbs in a glass of water and take it in the morning.
- Wraps/ Detox Baths: Professionally done or at home, Wraps and detox baths are a great way of de-stressing and helping the skin hydrate inside out. A detox bath recipe you can try:
- 1/3 cup Epson Salt.
- ½ Cup Coarse Sea Salt.
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice.
Combine all the ingredients. Draw a bath and pur in the mixture; Dissolve it well and Soak in for 20-30 mins.
2] Detox Bath -2
1 cup Epsom Salt.
10 drops of lavender oil
½ Baking Soda.
Combine all the ingredients and soak in fro 20 mins.
- Hydration: Drinking enough water is vital for health. Human body is approx 65% comprised of water. So, make sure you’re well hydrated all the time. Additionally you could try detox water
Here’s a recipe you might want to try:
- Sweat It out: Working out is crucial for health, toning, circulation..Etc. Make sure you squeeze in at least 4-5 times of working out. Pilates, Yoga, Strength Training, Running, Walking, Dancing, Hiking are all amazing work outs to engage in. You don’t have to stick to the same routine; Switch it up and have fun while you are at it.
Here’s a great workout for cellulite:
- Eat the right food: Lastly, This particular point can’t be stressed enough. Make sure you’re putting the right food in your body. If you’re diet comprises living off junk. Sure, a one meal food galore won’t hurt. But if double cheese pizza with coke is what your everyday looks like, You need to seriously reconsider your choices. Ditch the junk and eat a balanced meal. Add in lots of vegetables, Fruits, Whole foods etc.
- Get Professional Help: If you’re in a rush and need to wave good bye to cellulite ASAP. You could seek professional help. Some of the treatments include Cellulaze, Zwave, Vanquish etc Make sure you’re visiting a professional and research deeper into the pros and cons of the treatment offered.